About Me

15 February 2007

Year of the Cat

Over Christmas break I copied some of my Mom's CD's onto my computer. I like my Mom's music. I'm listening to Al Stewart. Sometimes I wish it were 1977. If that were the case, we would have Star Wars to look forward to. My Dad saw it over 20 times during its first theatrical release. My older sister would be born next year. John Lennon would still be alive. The Cars would stil be indie. KC and the Sunshine Band would be our boogie men. We could buy stock in Microsoft. That would be neat. The computer I'm writing this on would fill up the room instead of my lap. Different time, different world.

Now "Rocky Racoon" is playing.

2 comments:

Chopstick Mano. said...

if it were 1977 your clothes would still be in style.

caitlin said...

i'm with you! let's build a time machine and do it. the first thing i want to do is see the grateful dead play. the second thing is go and see my mom and dad. hey! we could make a movie about it and call it back to the future! and we would make a lot of money because the real back to the future would not have been released yet!